Stuarts Draft is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The town has two parks, an indoor pool, and a variety of shops and restaurants. There are also several kid-friendly events held throughout the year, such as the Easter Egg Hunt and the Christmas Parade. Families can also take advantage of the many scenic hiking trails and picnic areas in the area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Stuarts Draft, Virginia
1. Visit the Virginia Museum of Natural History – The Virginia Museum of Natural History is a great place to learn about the natural history of Virginia and the United States. The museum has exhibits on dinosaurs, geology, Native Americans, and more. There is also a planetarium and a library onsite.
2. Stuarts Draft Farmer’s Market – The Stuarts Draft Farmer’s Market is the perfect place to find fresh, local produce and goods. The market is open from May to October and features a variety of vendors selling everything from fruits and vegetables to baked goods and crafts.
3. Shenandoah National Park – Shenandoah National Park is a great place to explore the wilderness and see some of the most beautiful views in Virginia. The park has hiking trails, waterfalls, and picnic areas. There is also a visitor center where you can learn about the park’s history and wildlife.
4. Camelot Vineyards – Camelot Vineyards is a family-owned and operated winery in Stuarts Draft. The vineyard offers tours, tastings, and a gift shop. The vineyard also has a picnic area where you can enjoy a bottle of wine with a view of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
5. Rocktown Distilling Company – Rocktown Distilling Company is a local distillery that offers tours and tastings of their handcrafted spirits. The distillery also has a gift shop where you can purchase bottles of their products.
6. EMU Athletics Complex – The EMU Athletics Complex is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. The complex has a track, soccer field, basketball courts, and more.
7. Jiffy Lube Live – Jiffy Lube Live is an outdoor concert venue that hosts a variety of music acts throughout the year. The venue also has a food court, souvenir shop, and playground for kids.
8. Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum – The Virginia Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is the perfect place for sports fans to learn about the history of Virginia sports. The museum has exhibits on a variety of sports, including baseball, football, basketball, and more.
9. Stuart’s Mill Pond – Stuart’s Mill Pond is a great place to fish, paddle, or just relax. The pond is stocked with bass, catfish, and sunfish. You can also rent canoes, kayaks, and paddleboards.
10. Shenandoah Speedway – Shenandoah Speedway is a NASCAR-sanctioned race track that hosts a variety of racing events throughout the year. The track also has a gift shop and a concessions stand.