There are plenty of things to keep kids entertained in Strong, Maine. For starters, there is the Strong Fall Festival which takes place every October. This event features a variety of kid-friendly activities, including pumpkin painting, bobbing for apples, and hayrides. There is also the Strong Christmas Tree Lighting, which is a great opportunity for kids to meet Santa Claus and take photos with him. Other kid-friendly attractions in Strong include the quaint downtown area, which is perfect for window shopping and exploring, and the Strong Historical Society Museum, which offers a variety of exhibits and activities that are geared towards kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Strong, Maine
1. Visit the Strong Elementary School. The school has a playground and a large field for playing sports or running around. There is also a library and a computer lab.
2. Go to the Strong Town Park. The park has a playground, a basketball court, a baseball field, and a picnic area.
3. Visit the Strong Historical Society Museum. The museum has exhibits on the history of Strong and the surrounding area.
4. Go to the Strong Public Library. The library has a large collection of books, magazines, and DVDs. There is also a computer lab.
5. Take a walk or ride a bike on the Strong Rail Trail. The trail is 4 miles long and goes through the woods.
6. Go fishing at one of the many ponds in Strong.
7. Have a picnic at one of the many picnic areas in Strong.
8. Play mini golf at the Strong putt-putt course.
9. Go to the Strong Drive-In Theater. The theater shows movies on a big screen. You can watch from your car or from a lawn chair.
10. Go for a swim at one of the many lakes in Strong.