Stralsund is a beautiful German city located on the Baltic Sea. It is known for its well-preserved medieval old town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Stralsund! Visit the German Oceanographic Museum to learn about the area’s maritime history, take a boat ride through the Strelasund Strait, or explore the many parks and playgrounds. For a more active adventure, try biking or inline skating through the city. In the summer, the beaches are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and building sandcastles. Whatever you do, you’re sure to have a wonderful time in Stralsund!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Stralsund, Germany
1) Visit the Stralsund Aquarium: The Stralsund Aquarium is a great place to take kids of all ages. There are hundreds of different types of fish, reptiles, and amphibians on display, as well as a large turtle pond. Kids will also enjoy the interactive exhibits, like the touch pool where they can pet stingrays and sharks.
2) Climb the St. Mary’s Church Tower: For a breathtaking view of Stralsund and the surrounding island of Rügen, climb the stairs to the top of St. Mary’s Church tower. The climb is not for the faint of heart, but it’s definitely worth it once you reach the top.
3) Go on a Boat Tour: What better way to see Stralsund than from the water? There are several boat tour companies that offer both sightseeing and fishing tours. Kids will love being out on the water, and they might even catch a fish or two!
4) Visit the Ore Mountain Museum: The Ore Mountain Museum is a great place to learn about the history of mining in the Stralsund area. Kids will love seeing the old mining equipment and learning about the tough conditions that miners had to work in.
5) Take a Hike: There are several great hiking trails in and around Stralsund. hike to the top of nearby Tribsees Hill for a stunning view of the town, or explore the forest around the Hiddensee Island.
6) Visit the Dinosaur Park: The Dinosaur Park is a must-see for any kid who loves dinosaurs! The park is home to over 30 life-sized dinosaurs, as well as a museum with dinosaur bones and fossils.
7) Go to the Beach: Stralsund is located on the Baltic Sea, so there are several great beaches nearby. Take a dip in the water, build a sandcastle, or just relax on the beach and enjoy the views.
8) Ride the Vintage Tram: For a unique way to see Stralsund, ride the vintage tram that runs between the Old Town and the New Town. The tram is over 100 years old and is a fun way to see the city.
9)Explore the Old Town: The Old Town of Stralsund is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and for good reason. The well-preserved houses and buildings are a fascinating glimpse into the past. Kids will love walking the cobbled streets and seeing the old-fashioned shops.
10) Try the Local Food: Stralsund is known for its seafood, so be sure to try some of the local specialties like grilled eel or smoked herring. For a sweet treat, try a piece of the famous Stralsunder Stollen cake.