Story City is a great place for families with young children! There are several kid-friendly attractions in the town, including the Story City Park and the Maytag Bowl. The Park is a great place to take a stroll with the kids, and there is also a playground and a splash pad. The Maytag Bowl is a perfect spot for a picnic lunch, and it’s also a great place to let the kids run around and explore. There are also a few museums in Story City that are perfect for kids, like the Iowa Transportation Museum and the Boone River Valley Museum. If you’re looking for a place to take the kids for a fun day out, Story City is the perfect place!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Story City, Iowa
1. Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride through Story City’s quaint downtown district.
2. Stroll along the scenic walking paths in Story City’s park system.
3. Take a spin on the historic carousel at Story City’s Standard Park.
4. Play a round of mini golf at one of Story City’s two miniature golf courses.
5. Visit the Story City historical museum to learn about the town’s past.
6. Go for a swim at one of Story City’s three public swimming pools.
7. Play a game of tennis or pickleball at one of Story City’s four public tennis courts.
8. Have a picnic lunch in one of Story City’s many parks.
9. Go for a bike ride on the paved bike trails that wind through Story City.
10. Go fishing in one of Story City’s three public ponds.