There are many kid friendly things to do in Steyr, Austria. The city offers a number of parks, playgrounds and outdoor activities that will keep children entertained. In the summer, the swimming pool is a great place to cool off, and in the winter, the ice skating rink is a perfect place to have some fun. museum is also a great option for kids, as they can learn about the history of the city and see some of the amazing exhibits.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Steyr, Austria
1. Visit the Steyr Castle: The Steyr Castle is a medieval castle that has been turned into a museum. It is located in the city center of Steyr and is surrounded by a park. The museum has exhibits on the history of the castle, the city, and the region. There is also a restaurant and a gift shop on site.
2. Take a walk through the old town: The old town of Steyr is full of narrow streets and historic buildings. There are several shops and restaurants to explore, and a number of churches and other monuments to see.
3. Go for a swim in the Enns River: The Enns River runs through the city of Steyr and is a popular spot for swimming in the summer. There are several beaches along the river, as well as a number of parks and playgrounds.
4. Visit the Steyr Zoo: The Steyr Zoo is located on the edge of the city and is home to a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and elephants. The zoo also has a number of educational exhibits and a playground.
5. Play in the waterfall park: The waterfall park is located in the center of the city and is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The park has a number of waterfalls, as well as a playground and a picnic area.
6. Ride the Steyrland train: The Steyrland train is a small train that runs through the city and into the surrounding countryside. The train makes a number of stops, including at the Steyr Zoo and the waterfall park.
7. Take a boat ride on the Danube: The Danube River runs through Steyr and is a great place to take a boat ride. There are a number of tour operators that offer both public and private boat tours.
8. Go hiking in the foothills of the Alps: Steyr is located in the foothills of the Alps, and there are a number of hiking trails in the area. The trails range from easy to difficult, and there are a number of scenic spots to see along the way.
9. Visit the museum of agricultural history: The museum of agricultural history is located in the city center and is dedicated to the history of agriculture in the region. The museum has a number of interactive exhibits, as well as a library and a cafe.
10. Go skiing in the winter: Steyr is a popular destination for skiing in the winter. There are a number of ski resorts in the area, as well as a number of cross-country ski trails.