If you’re looking for kid-friendly activities in St. Pauli, Germany, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of things to keep the little ones occupied. For starters, the city is home to a number of parks, including the world-famous Tiergarten, which is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a picnic lunch. The nearby Altona Fish Market is also a great place to take the kids, where they can see (and smell!) the fresh fish being sold and maybe even get their hands on some free samples.
If you’re looking for something a little more educational, the Deutsche Schiffahrtsmuseum is a great option, as it chronicles the history of German maritime trade and exploration. The museum is also home to a number of interactive exhibits, making it a fun and informative outing for the whole family.
Finally, no visit to St. Pauli would be complete without a trip to the Reeperbahn, the city’s legendary red-light district. While it may not be the most appropriate place for young children, it’s certainly worth a visit for its unique atmosphere and, of course, the interesting people watching.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In St. Pauli, Germany
1. Visit the Miniatur Wunderland: This is the world’s largest model railway and is located in Hamburg. It has over 12,000 trains and 1,000,000 lights.
2. Take a ride on the Ferris wheel: The 100-meter high Ferris wheel is located in the center of St. Pauli and offers amazing views of the city.
3. Visit the Hamburg Zoo: The Hamburg Zoo is one of the oldest zoos in Germany and is home to over 3,500 animals.
4. Go on a boat tour: There are many boat tour companies that offer tours of the harbor and the city.
5. Visit the aquarium: The Hamburg Aquarium is one of the largest in Europe and is home to over 5,000 fish and other sea creatures.
6. Take a walking tour: There are many walking tours available that will take you through the different neighborhoods of St. Pauli.
7. Visit the Reeperbahn: The Reeperbahn is the red light district of St. Pauli and is full of interesting shops and nightlife.
8. Visit the Museum of Hamburg History: The Museum of Hamburg History is located in an old castle and tells the story of the city from its beginnings to the present day.
9. Go to the top of the TV tower: The TV tower is located in the center of St. Pauli and offers amazing views of the city.
10. Visit the casino: The casino is located in the center of St. Pauli and offers a variety of games and slots.