Springer is a small town in Oklahoma with a population of just over 1,000 people. Despite its size, Springer is a great place for families with kids. There are a number of kid-friendly activities to do in and around Springer.
One popular activity for families is to visit the Springer Drive-In Theater. The theater has been in operation since 1948 and is one of the only drive-in theaters remaining in Oklahoma. Families can watch a movie from the comfort of their own car. The theater also has a playground for kids to enjoy before the movie starts.
another great activity for families is to visit the Springer Railroad Museum. The museum is located in an old train depot and features a number of exhibits on the history of the railroad in Springer. Kids will love seeing the old train cars and learning about the town’s railroad history.
If you’re looking for a more active activity, consider taking the family hiking at one of the many trails located near Springer. The Oklahoma state parks system offers a number of great hiking trails that are perfect for families. One popular trail is the Nature Trail at Lake Carl Blackwell. The trail is an easy 1.5 mile hike and offers great views of the lake.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing activity or something more active, Springer has something to offer families with kids. The town is a great place to spend a day or a weekend with the family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Springer, Oklahoma
1. Take a walk around Blaine Park
2. Rent a kayak or canoe and paddle down the Cimarron River
3. Visit the Stewart Arms Museum
4. Go hiking in Black Mesa State Park and Nature Preserve
5. Visit the Cimarron County Heritage Museum
6. Have a picnic in Veterans Memorial Park
7. Play a round of golf at the Springer Municipal Golf Course
8. Go fishing in Kaw Lake
9. Take a scenic drive down the Cimarron Turnpike
10. Go camping in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge