Spring Mount, Pennsylvania is a great place for families with young children. There are a number of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained throughout the spring and summer months. One popular activity is visiting the local farmers market. Here, kids can choose from a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables to take home. The market also features a petting zoo, making it a perfect activity for a warm spring day. Other family-friendly activities in Spring Mount include hiking and picnicking at one of the many nearby parks, visiting the local library, or attending a community event. Spring Mount is a great place to raise a family and provides plenty of opportunities for kids to have fun and explore.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Spring Mount, Pennsylvania
This list includes activities near the city of Philadelphia.
1. Visit the Philadelphia Zoo: The Philadelphia Zoo is one of the oldest zoos in the United States, and is home to more than 1,300 animals. The zoo is open year-round, and offers a variety of educational programs for children.
2. Take a ride on the Spring Mount Zoo Railroad: The Spring Mount Zoo Railroad is a 0.75-mile train ride that takes passengers through the zoo. The train is open from April through October.
3. Visit the Please Touch Museum: The Please Touch Museum is a children’s museum located in Philadelphia. The museum offers interactive exhibits and programs for children of all ages.
4. Go tubing at Spring Mount Ski Area: Spring Mount Ski Area offers tubing and skiing for all ages. The ski area is open from December through March.
5. Visit the Philadelphia Museum of Art: The Philadelphia Museum of Art is one of the largest museums in the United States, and is home to a vast collection of art and artifacts. The museum offers a variety of educational programs for children.
6. take a boat ride on the Delaware River: Visitors can take a boat ride on the Delaware River, and view the city skyline from the water. Boat rides are available April through October.
7. Visit the Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Show: The Hatfield and McCoy Dinner Show is a live performance that tells the story of the famous feud between the Hatfield and McCoy families. The show is appropriate for all ages.
8. Visit the Independence Seaport Museum: The Independence Seaport Museum is a maritime museum located in Philadelphia. The museum offers a variety of educational programs for children.
9. take a walk or bike ride on the Schuylkill River Trail: The Schuylkill River Trail is a 22-mile trail that runs along the banks of the Schuylkill River. The trail is open year-round and is suitable for walking, biking, and rollerblading.
10. Play in the water at the Philadelphia Waterworks: The Philadelphia Waterworks is a waterpark located in Philadelphia. The park offers a variety of water-based activities for children of all ages.