Spangle is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy. The Spangle Community Center has a playground, a swimming pool, and a gymnasium. The Spangle Public Library has storytimes, a kids’ corner, and plenty of books to borrow. For outdoorsy kids, there are several parks in Spangle, including Legacy Park, which has a playground, a walking trail, and a pond. And, of course, kids will always enjoy a trip to the Spangle Candy Company, where they can see candy being made and sample some delicious treats!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Spangle, Washington
1. Have a picnic lunch at one of Spangle’s five city parks.
2. Visit one of Spangle’s three historic homes, all of which are over 100 years old.
3. Go fishing in Rocky Creek, which is stocked with trout every spring.
4. Go swimming in Lake Wanapum, which has a public beach and a lifeguard on duty during the summer months.
5. Take a hike on one of the many trails that wind through Spangle’s 6,000 acres of forest land.
6. Go horseback riding at one of the two local stables.
7. Play a round of golf at the Spangle Hills Golf Course.
8. Visit the Spangle historical museum, which is housed in an old school building.
9. Go blueberry picking at one of the many local farms.
10. Attend the Spangle rodeo, which is held every Fourth of July.