South Pittsburg, Tennessee, is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of things to keep them busy, whether it’s hiking and exploring the great outdoors, playing at one of the many parks, or visiting the interesting museums.
For those who love the outdoors, there are plenty of hiking trails and parks to explore. Dennis Cove Natural Area is a great place to hike, with over 10 miles of trails to explore. If you’re looking for a shorter hike, try the South Pittsburg Loop, which is a 1.5 mile loop that takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery in the area.
If your kids are into playing sports, South Pittsburg has a few options for them as well. There are tennis courts at the South Pittsburg Recreation Center, as well as a baseball field. If your kids are looking to get active, there is also a playground at the recreation center.
If your kids are interested in history, they will love visiting the South Pittsburg Heritage Museum. The museum is filled with interesting artifacts and exhibits about the history of the area. Kids will learn about the Civil War, the early settlers of the area, and the industries that have made South Pittsburg a thriving community.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In South Pittsburg, Tennessee
1. Take a scenic drive through South Pittsburg
2. Visit the South Pittsburg Waterfalls
3. Hike to the top of Lover’s Leap
4. Go fishing in one of the many streams and rivers
5. Visit the Veteran’s Museum
6. Take a walk through the historic district
7. Visit the South Pittsburg Depot
8. Visit the South Pittsburg Public Library
9. Play ball at one of the many parks
10. Visit the Cullen Park Geyser