There are many kid friendly things to do in South Fork, Pennsylvania. If your kids like to be outdoors, they will love hiking and fishing in the Alleghany National Forest. There are also many kid friendly parks and playgrounds in South Fork. If your kids are into sports, they will enjoy playing basketball at the South Fork Community Center. For kids who like to learn, the South Fork Library offers many programs and resources. And for kids who just like to have fun, there are plenty of restaurants and shops to explore in downtown South Fork. Whatever your kids are into, they are sure to find something to do in South Fork, Pennsylvania!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In South Fork, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the ever popular Ricketts Glen State Park – known for its twenty-two named waterfalls, the glens, and hiking trails.
2. Go tubing or rafting down the Susquehanna River – a great way to cool off in the summer heat!
3. Have a blast at Knoebels Amusement Park – one of the largest free-admission parks in the country featuring roller coasters, carnival rides, and a beautiful old-fashioned carousel.
4. Experience the great outdoors at Sinnemahoning State Park – perfect for camping, fishing, hunting, and hiking.
5. Visit the picturesque Victorian town of Jim Thorpe – often referred to as the “Switzerland of America” due to its surroundings.
6.Explore the Steamtown National Historic Site – a former railroad yard that has been transformed into a museum dedicated to the history of steam railroading.
7. Discover the history of coal mining at the Anthracite Heritage Museum -learn about the men and women who worked in the coal mines and see restored mining equipment.
8. Take a scenic drive down the PA Grand Canyon – a stunning views of the canyon and the river below.
9. Visit the Elk Country Visitor Center – learn about the area’s elk population and see these majestic animals in their natural habitat.
10. Have fun at Elk Mountain Ski Resort – one of the largest ski resorts in Pennsylvania with thirty-two trails and nine lifts.