In South Bend, there are many kid friendly activities to keep young ones entertained. The Kids Discovery Museum is a great place to explore with hands on exhibits. The South Bend Community Center has an indoor pool with a waterslide, while outside there are tennis courts, a playground, and a spray pad. Young ones can also learn about history at the Notre Dame campus, including the Basilica of the Sacred Heart. There are also many parks perfect for a picnic or a game of catch, like Pinckney Island Park or Rum Village Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In South Bend, Washington
1. Go apple picking at Bellewood Farms – Bellewood Farms is a working farm and cidery just outside of Bellingham, WA. They offer a variety of picking experiences, from U-Pick to pre-picked fruit. There is also a farm store on site where you can purchase fresh produce, cider, and other locally made products.
2. Visit the Cascades Raptor Center – The Cascades Raptor Center is a rehabilitation and education facility dedicated to the conservation of birds of prey. Visitors can tour the facilities, meet the birds, and learn about the work being done to protect these important predators.
3. Hike the Interurban Trail – The Interurban Trail is a 22-mile multi-use trail running from Everett to Bellingham. The trail is popular with hikers, cyclists, and horseback riders, and offers stunning views of the Cascade Mountains and Puget Sound.
4. Go fishing at Whatcom Falls Park – Whatcom Falls Park is a public park located in Bellingham, WA that features a large waterfall and fish ladder. The park is a great spot for fishing, picnicking, and hiking.
5. Watch a movie at the Pickford Film Center – The Pickford Film Center is an independent movie theater in Bellingham, WA that specializes in showing independent, foreign, and classic films. The theater also has a cafe and bar, making it a great place to grab a bite before or after the show.
6.Explore the Bellingham Railway Museum – The Bellingham Railway Museum is a non-profit museum dedicated to preserving the history of the local railway. The museum features a variety of exhibits, including a working model railroad, and is a great place for train enthusiasts of all ages.
7. Visit the Haggen Children’s Museum – The Haggen Children’s Museum is a hands-on museum for kids of all ages. The museum features a wide variety of exhibits, including a water play area, construction zone, and grocery store, that are designed to teach kids about science, math, and the world around them.
8. Play at Zervas Park – Zervas Park is a large public park located in Bellingham, WA. The park features a playground, picnic areas, a basketball court, and a large grassy field perfect for running and playing.
9. Go for a swim at Whatcom Community College Pool – Whatcom Community College Pool is a public swim facility located on the campus of Whatcom Community College. The pool is open to the public year-round and features a variety of amenities, including a sauna, hot tub, and diving board.
10. Have a picnic at Larrabee State Park – Larrabee State Park is a 2,000-acre state park located on the shores of Samish Bay. The park features miles of hiking and biking trails, scenic beaches, and a variety of picnic areas with tables and BBQ grills.