There are many kid friendly things to do in Sofia, Bulgaria. One option is the Sofia Zoo, which is home to many different animals. Another option is the National History Museum, which has many interactive exhibits. For those who like the outdoors, there are plenty of parks and playgrounds to enjoy. And last but not least, the city center offers a variety of shops and restaurants that are perfect for families.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sofia, Bulgaria
1. Visit the National Museum of History: The National Museum of History is a great place to learn about the history of Bulgaria and Sofia. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits, including a section on the history of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.
2. Go to the Valley of the Thracian Kings: The Valley of the Thracian Kings is a must-see for anyone interested in history and archaeology. The valley is home to a number of burial sites belonging to the Thracian people, who were the ancestors of the modern Bulgarians.
3. Check out the Boyana Church: The Boyana Church is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most important historical sites in Sofia. The church dates back to the 10th century and is decorated with beautiful Byzantine frescoes.
4. Explore the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral: The Alexander Nevsky Cathedral is the largest Orthodox church in Sofia and one of the most impressive buildings in the city. The cathedral was built in the late 19th century in honor of the Russian tsar who defeated the Ottomans in the Battle of Bulgarophygon.
5. Visit the National Archaeological Museum: The National Archaeological Museum is one of the best places in Sofia to learn about the history of Bulgaria. The museum has a large collection of artefacts from a variety of historical periods, including the Thracian, Roman and Ottoman periods.
6. Go to the National Ethnographic Museum: The National Ethnographic Museum is a great place to learn about the traditional culture of Bulgaria. The museum has a wide range of exhibits on topics such as architecture, folk art and music.
7. See the Banya Bashi Mosque: The Banya Bashi Mosque is the only mosque in Sofia and one of the most interesting buildings in the city. The mosque was built in the 16th century by the Ottomans and is decorated with beautiful Islamic tiles.
8. Check out the Sofia Zoo: The Sofia Zoo is a great place to take the kids for a day out. The zoo has a wide variety of animals, including lions, tigers, bears and elephants.
9. Visit the Vitosha Mountain: The Vitosha Mountain is a great place to go for a hike or a day of skiing in the winter. The mountain is also home to a number of interesting historical sites, such as the Boyana Church.
10. Go to the National Palace of Culture: The National Palace of Culture is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Bulgaria. The palace has a wide range of exhibits on topics such as art, music and literature.