There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Silistra, Bulgaria. For starters, there is a large playground in the central park, which is perfect for tiring out little ones. The city also has a number of museums that would be interesting for children, such as the Museum of Natural History and the Museum of Archaeology. If the weather is nice, taking a leisurely stroll along the riverfront promenade is also a great way to while away an afternoon. And of course, no visit to Silistra would be complete without sampling some of the delicious local cuisine, which even fussy eaters are sure to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Silistra, Bulgaria
1. Visit the Silistra Regional Museum of History
Silistra’s Regional Museum of History is a great place to learn about the history of the Silistra region. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits, including a section on the Roman occupation of the region.
2. Climb to the top of the Silistra fortress
The Silistra fortress is a great place to get a view of the city. The fortress is located on a hill in the center of the city.
3. Walk through the Silistra Botanical Garden
The Silistra Botanical Garden is a great place to take a stroll and see a variety of plants and flowers.
4. Visit the Silistra Art Gallery
The Silistra Art Gallery is a great place to see a variety of art from local artists.
5. Go for a swim in the Silistra municipal swimming pool
The Silistra municipal swimming pool is a great place to take a dip and cool off.
6. Play in the park at the Silistra Children’s Zoo
The Silistra Children’s Zoo is a great place for kids to play and see a variety of animals.
7. Get ice cream at the Silistra Ice Cream Factory
The Silistra Ice Cream Factory is a great place to get a delicious treat.
8. Take a ride on the Silistra city trains
The Silistra city train is a great way to see the city. The train runs through the city center and stops at various points of interest.
9. Visit the Silistra Cathedral
The Silistra Cathedral is a beautiful church located in the center of the city.
10. Go for a walk down the Silistra promenade
The Silistra promenade is a great place to take a walk and enjoy the view of the city.