Whether you’re a local looking for something to do with the kids on a rainy day, or a visitor to Shoreham-by-Sea in search of family-friendly activities, there are plenty of options. The seaside town has a variety of parks and playgrounds, as well as a beach where kids can build sandcastles, paddle in the shallows, or explore the rock pools at low tide. For indoor fun, head to Shoreham Centre, where you’ll find a soft play area, climbing wall, and ten-pin bowling alley. Alternatively, take a short drive to Brighton, where you can visit the Sea Life Centre, Brighton Pier, or the Royal Pavilion.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Shoreham-By-Sea, United Kingdom
1. Shoreham-by-Sea Beach: The beach is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the stunning views of the Adur coastline. The extensive range of shops, cafes, and restaurants makes it easy to find something for everyone.
2. Adventure Golf: Adventure Golf is perfect for a family day out. With two courses to choose from, you can test your skills and see who can get the hole in one first.
3. Connaught Leisure Centre: The Connaught Leisure Centre is a great place to take the kids for a swim. With a range of facilities including a 25m pool, there is something for everyone.
4. Shoreham Fort: Shoreham Fort is a great place to explore and learn about the area’s history. With spectacular views of the Adur coastline, it is a perfect place to take a picnic and spend the day.
5. South Downs Planetarium: The South Downs Planetarium is the perfect place to explore the night sky. With a range of shows and talks, you can learn all about the stars and planets.
6. Fisherman’s Walk: Fisherman’s Walk is a great place to take a scenic stroll. With beautiful views of the Adur estuary, it is the perfect place to relax and take in the fresh air.
7. Coles Mill Windmill: Coles Mill Windmill is a great place to learn about the area’s history. With a tour of the windmill, you can see how flour was once milled.
8. St Mary’s House and Gardens: St Mary’s House and Gardens is a great place to explore the local history. With a range of exhibitions and displays, you can learn all about the area’s past.
9. Brighton Marina: Brighton Marina is a great place to take a stroll and enjoy the views. With a wide range of shops and restaurants, you can find something to suit everyone.
10. Shoreham Port: Shoreham Port is a great place to watch the boats come in and out. With a range of activities and attractions, you can spend the day exploring everything the port has to offer.