Assuming you would like a list of kid-friendly activities to do in Shiozawa, Japan:
1. take a walk around Lake Shiozawa – there are plenty of photo opportunities and there is a boardwalk that goes around the entire lake
2. have a picnic at Byakudan Park – there is a beautiful cherry blossom tree that is perfect for pictures
3. visit the Shiozawa Zoo – there are over 100 animals that call the zoo home, including lions, tigers, and bears!
4. explore the Children’s Science Museum – there are interactive exhibits that are both fun and educational
5. go on a hike – there are many trails to choose from in the area and the scenery is gorgeous
6. visit the View Observatory – on a clear day, you can see all the way to Mt. Fuji from the observatory
7. try some local food – Shiozawa is known for its soba noodles, which are delicious
8. buy some souvenirs – there are many shops in the town that sell traditional Japanese items
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Shiozawa, Japan
1. Visit the Matsunoyama Natural Science Museum
This museum is dedicated to the nature and wildlife of Shiozawa and the surrounding area. There are interactive exhibits on the area’s ecosystem, as well as a variety of live animals that can be seen up close.
2. Go for a hike in the Shiozawa Alps
The Shiozawa Alps are a beautiful mountain range that offers plenty of hiking trails for all levels of ability. There are also several scenic lookouts along the way where you can stop to take in the stunning views.
3. Visit the Shiozawa Snow Festival
Held every year in February, the Shiozawa Snow Festival is a must-see event. The festival features a wide variety of snow and ice sculptures, as well as other fun winter activities.
4. Go skiing or snowboarding at one of the area’s resorts
With several ski and snowboard resorts in the area, Shiozawa is the perfect place to hit the slopes. Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, there’s a resort that’s right for you.
5. Visit the Shiozawa Children’s Museum
This museum is designed specifically for children and features a variety of interactive exhibits. From learning about the area’s history to trying on traditional Japanese clothing, there’s something for everyone at the Shiozawa Children’s Museum.
6. Take a ride on the Shiozawa Alpine Railway
This unique railway takes you on a scenic journey through the Shiozawa Alps. Along the way, you’ll get to see some of the area’s most beautiful scenery.
7. Visit the Shiozawa Aquarium
The Shiozawa Aquarium is home to a variety of marine life, including stingrays, turtles, and sharks. There are also interactive exhibits where you can learn more about the creatures that live in the sea.
8. Go for a walk in the Shiozawa Botanical Garden
The Shiozawa Botanical Garden is a lovely place to take a stroll and admire the many different plants and flowers on display. There’s also a cafe on-site where you can grab a bite to eat.
9. Check out the Shiozawa Art Museum
The Shiozawa Art Museum houses a collection of artwork from local and international artists. There are also often temporary exhibitions on display, so there’s always something new to see.
10. Take a dip in the Shiozawa Onsen
The Shiozawa Onsen is a natural hot spring that’s open to the public. There’s nothing better than relaxing in the warm waters after a long day of sightseeing.