If you’re looking for kid friendly things to do in Sherman, Texas, you’ve come to the right place! There are plenty of activities to keep the little ones entertained in Sherman. For starters, they can enjoy the Sherman Children’s Zoo, which is home to more than 40 animals. The zoo also has a playground and picnic area, making it the perfect place to spend a day with the family. If your kids are into sports, they’ll be sure to enjoy a game of baseball or football at Katy Field. And for those who love the outdoors, Lake Texoma is the perfect place to go fishing, hiking, and swimming. No matter what your children are into, Sherman has something to offer.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sherman, Texas
1.Visit the Sherman Museum- The Sherman Museum is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of Sherman and the surrounding area. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits that focus on different aspects of local history, including the Civil War, the oil boom, and the local Native American tribes.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through Heritage Park- Heritage Park is a beautiful park that offers a variety of walking and biking trails. The park also has a playground, a pavilion, and a pond.
3. Visit the Grayson County Frontier Village- The Grayson County Frontier Village is a living history museum that teaches visitors about the frontier days in Sherman. The village has a variety of buildings that have been restored to look like they did during the 1800s, and there are also a number of activities for kids to participate in, such as panning for gold and making candles.
4. Go fishing at Lake Texoma- Lake Texoma is a large lake that offers great fishing opportunities. The lake is also a popular spot for swimming, boating, and camping.
5. Visit the Eisenhower Birthplace State Historic Site- The Eisenhower Birthplace State Historic Site is the birthplace of President Dwight D. Eisenhower. The site includes the Eisenhower home, a museum, and a visitors center.
6. Take a scenic drive down the Caddo Lake Scenic Byway- The Caddo Lake Scenic Byway is a beautiful drive that takes you through the Cypress-lined shores of Caddo Lake. The byway also passes by a number of historical sites, such as the Caddo Lake State Park and the Caddo Mounds State Historic Site.
7. Play a round of golf at the Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center- The Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center is a great place to take the family for a round of golf. The resort also offers a variety of other amenities, such as a swimming pool, tennis courts, and a spa.
8. Visit the Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge- The Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge is a great place to see a variety of wild animals, including alligators, bald eagles, and ospreys. The refuge also offers a variety of hiking and biking trails.
9. Go tubing down the Brazos River- The Brazos River is a great place to go tubing. The river is calm and has a gentle current, making it perfect for a lazy float down the river.
10. Take a scenic train ride on the Choctaw Railroad- The Choctaw Railroad offers scenic train rides through the piney woods of east Texas. The railroad also offers a variety of other amenities, such as a dining car and a gift shop.