There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Shelburne! The Shelburne Museum is a great place to explore with kids – there are buildings full of different kinds of history, plus a big outdoor area with a steam engine, boat, and carousel. The Shelburne Farms Animal Barnyard is perfect for animal lovers of all ages, and the farm grounds are beautiful to explore. Kids will also enjoy kayaking or canoeing on Lake Champlain, visiting the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, or hiking one of the many trails in the area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Shelburne, Vermont
1. Shelburne Farms: Take a tour of this working farm and see how cheese is made, tour the farmhouse, and explore the grounds.
2. Shelburne Museum: This museum complex has something for everyone with its collection of historic buildings, American folk art, and even a carousel.
3. Champlain Orchards: Pick your own apples in the fall or take a hayride at this family-friendly farm.
4. Shelburne Pond: Go for a swim, fish, or paddle a canoe at this pretty pond in the center of Shelburne.
5. Shelburne Bay Park: This park has a beach, picnic areas, and trails for exploring.
6. Vermont Teddy Bear Factory: See how these iconic bears are made and even make your own at this fun factory.
7. Vermont Country Store: This old-fashioned store has been around since the 1930s and is full of nostalgic candy, toys, and Vermont-made products.
8. Horseshoe Pond: This small pond is a great place to go for a peaceful walk or to look for frogs and other critters.
9. Shelburne Farms Dairy Store: Sample some of the farm’s award-winning cheese and other products at this store.
10. Shelburne Farmer’s Market: This weekly farmer’s market is a great place to find fresh, local produce, meats, and other items.