There are many kid friendly things to do in Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. Some of these things include going to the Bridge of Flowers, going on a hike to the Shelburne Falls waterfall, visiting the Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum, and getting ice cream at the Mohawk Trail Outdoor Center. The Bridge of Flowers is a pedestrian bridge that is covered in flowers. The Shelburne Falls waterfall is located on the Deerfield River and is a popular spot for swimming. The Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum is a museum that has trolley cars that you can ride. The Mohawk Trail Outdoor Center is an ice cream shop that has a lot of flavors of ice cream.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
1. Walk or bike over the bridge of flowers: The bridge of flowers is a historic covered bridge that spans the Deerfield River. It is decorated with hundreds of flowers in the spring and summer.
2. Visit Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum: The Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum is a museum dedicated to the history of trolley cars in New England. The museum has a collection of trolley cars and artifacts, and offers trolley rides on a short section of track.
3. Hike to Shelburne Falls: Shelburne Falls is a set of waterfalls on the Deerfield River. There are several hiking trails in the area that lead to the falls.
4. Visit the Glacial Potholes: The Glacial Potholes are a series of large potholes carved into the bedrock by glacial action. They are located on the waterfall trail in Shelburne Falls.
5. Walk across the Menotomy Suspension Bridge: The Menotomy Suspension Bridge is a pedestrian bridge that spans the Deerfield River. It is located on the waterfall trail in Shelburne Falls.
6. Visit Babbitt’s General Store: Babbitt’s General Store is a historic general store located in Shelburne Falls. The store sells a variety of items, including local souvenirs, books, and toys.
7. Get ice cream at the Village Creamery: The Village Creamery is an ice cream shop located in Shelburne Falls. They offer a variety of ice cream flavors, as well as sundaes, floats, and other desserts.
8. Feed the ducks at the Village Duck Pond: The Village Duck Pond is a pond located in Shelburne Falls. It is home to a flock of ducks, and visitors can purchase food to feed them.
9. Climb the cliffs at the Shelburne Falls Quarry: The Shelburne Falls Quarry is a former limestone quarry that is now a popular spot for rock climbing. There are several routes of varying difficulty, and a rope is required for climbing.
10. Go tubing on the Deerfield River: The Deerfield River is a popular spot for tubing in the summer. There are several companies that offer tube rental and shuttle service.