There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Severn, North Carolina. One option is to spend the day at Fort Fisher State Historic Site. Families can explore the site of the Civil War Battle of Fort Fisher, visit the aquarium, or go on a nature hike. Another option is to visit the Historic Union Point Park. The park has a playground, picnicking areas, and a walking trail. Or take a short drive to Sunset Beach where you can build sandcastles, go fishing, or relax on the beach. Whatever you choose to do, Severn is a great place for families to spend time together.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Severn, North Carolina
1. Visit the Severn Train Depot Museum to learn about the town’s railway history.
2. Stroll down Main Street to see the historic buildings and architecture.
3. Visit the Severn Peanut Festival to celebrate the town’s agricultural heritage.
4. Go on a nature hike at one of the many parks in town.
5. Visit the Severn Public Library to learn about the town’s history and culture.
6. Play mini golf at one of the town’s putt-putt courses.
7. Go on a hayride at one of the local farms.
8. Visit the Severn Arts Council to see the town’s unique artwork.
9. Go swimming at one of the town’s public pools.
10. Visit the Severn Recreation Center to play sports or use the playground.