Sesimbra is a beautiful town located just south of Lisbon, Portugal. The town is small enough to be easily explored on foot, and there are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. Thebeach is a great spot for swimming, sunbathing, and building sandcastles, and there are also several playgrounds located throughout the town. For a break from the sun, head to the Municipal Museum which has a collection of exhibitions on the history and culture of Sesimbra. Kids will also enjoy the nearby Marine Life Park, where they can learn about the local marine life and even get the chance to meet some of the resident penguins.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sesimbra, Portugal
1. Venture to nearbySetúbal to visit the picturesque island of Troia.
2. Ride the unique yellow tram in Lisbon.
3. Visit the oceanarium at Lisbon’s Zoo.
4. Play in the giant fountain at Praça do Comércio.
5. Take a boat ride to view the cliffs of Cabo da Roca.
6. Visit the Palace of Queluz and its beautiful gardens.
7. Go on a safari at the Lisbon Zoo.
8. Take a ride on the Santa Cruz cable car.
9. Visit the Estoi Palace and its gardens.
10. View the city from atop the São Jorge Castle.