Seligenstadt is a beautiful and historic town located on the Main River in Hesse, Germany. The town is known for its half-timbered houses, quaint streets, and medieval market square. The town’s name means “happy city” and it is easy to see why when you visit. Seligenstadt is a great place to bring the family, with plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained.
One of the most popular attractions in Seligenstadt is the Kloster Eberbach, a 12th century monastery that was once home to over 100 monks. Today, the monastery is a museum and a popular spot for visitors to explore. Kids will love checking out the monastery’s ancient library and the many rooms that have been preserved from the Middle Ages.
Another must-see in Seligenstadt is the St. Mary’s Basilica, a beautiful Romanesque church that dates back to the 11th century. The church is known for its intricate carvings and beautiful stained glass windows. Kids will be amazed by the history of this church and the stories that the carvings tell.
If you’re looking for something a bit more active,Seligenstadt also has a great playground located in the town center. The playground has a large sandpit, swings, and climbing equipment for kids to enjoy.
Seligenstadt is a wonderful town to explore with the family. With its historic buildings, beautiful river views, and kid-friendly attractions, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Seligenstadt, Germany
1. Visit the Seligenstadt Abbey – The Seligenstadt Abbey is a great place to take the kids. It is a historic Benedictine monastery that was founded in the year 910. The Abbey is located on the banks of the River Main and is a beautiful place to explore. The Abbey has a museum and a library that are both worth visiting.
2. Take a walk through the Old Town – The Old Town of Seligenstadt is a great place to explore with the kids. There are many historical buildings and sites to see. The Old Town is also home to a number of restaurants and cafes.
3. Visit the Seligenstadt Christmas Market – The Seligenstadt Christmas Market is a great place to take the kids. The market is held every year in December and is a great place to find unique Christmas gifts.
4. Go on a boat ride on the River Main – A boat ride on the River Main is a great way to see Seligenstadt from a different perspective. There are a number of boat companies that offer rides on the river.
5. Visit the Seligenstadt Zoo – The Seligenstadt Zoo is a great place to take the kids. The zoo has a wide variety of animals including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a number of educational exhibits.
6. Take a hike in the Seligenstadt Forest – The Seligenstadt Forest is a great place to take the kids for a hike. The forest is home to a number of trails of varying difficulty.
7. Visit the Seligenstadt Museum – The Seligenstadt Museum is a great place to take the kids. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits on the history of Seligenstadt.
8. Go swimming in the Seligenstadt Municipal Pool – The Seligenstadt Municipal Pool is a great place to take the kids for a swim. The pool has a number of different pools and a diving board.
9. Play in the Seligenstadt Playground – The Seligenstadt Playground is a great place to take the kids to play. The playground has a number of different play structures for the kids to enjoy.
10. Have a picnic in the Seligenstadt Park – The Seligenstadt Park is a great place to take the kids for a picnic. The park has a number of different picnic areas and is a great place to relax.