Seaford is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of things to do to keep them busy, including visiting the local parks, going for hikes, biking, and more. The town also has a few kid-friendly restaurants, like the Dairy Queen, that they can enjoy. For a more educational experience, kids can visit the Marine Science Center or the Museum of African Art. There are also a few playgrounds around town that are perfect for letting them burn off some energy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Seaford, New York
1. Visit the Tackapausha Museum and Preserve: The Tackapausha Museum and Preserve is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the Algonquin people. The museum has a number of exhibits thatfeature Algonquin artifacts, as well as a variety of interactive displays.
2. Take a walk on the Seaford Long Island Rail Road Spur Trail: The Seaford Long Island Rail Road Spur Trail is a great place to take a leisurely stroll or go for a vigorous hike. The trail winds through woods and wetlands and offers stunning views of the Great South Bay.
3. Visit the Seawane Club: The Seawane Club is a great place to take the kids swimming, fishing, or just to enjoy the beautiful views of the Bay. The Club also offers a number of other activities, such as tennis, basketball, and volleyball.
4. Go for a bike ride on the Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway: The Seaford Oyster Bay Expressway is a great place to take a leisurely bike ride with the family. The Expressway offers beautiful views of the bay and is also a great place to spot wildlife.
5. Play at Tanglewood Park: Tanglewood Park is a great place for the kids to burn off some energy. The Park offers a number of playgrounds, baseball fields, and basketball courts.
6. Visit the Seaford Historical Society: The Seaford Historical Society is a great place to learn about the history of the area. The Society offers a number of exhibits on the history of Seaford, as well as a research library.
7. Take a walk on the Cedar Creek Preserve Trail: The Cedar Creek Preserve Trail is a great place to take a peaceful stroll with the family. The Trail winds through a variety of habitats, including woods, wetlands, and meadows.
8. Go fishing at Seaford Harbor: Seaford Harbor is a great place to go fishing with the kids. The Harbor offers a number of fishing docks, as well as a fish cleaning station.
9. Visit the Cradle of Aviation Museum: The Cradle of Aviation Museum is a great place to learn about the history of aviation. The Museum has a number of exhibits on the history of flight, as well as a number of interactive displays.
10. Take a walk on the Nissequogue River State Park Trail: The Nissequogue River State Park Trail is a great place to take a peaceful stroll with the family. The Trail winds through a variety of habitats, including woods, wetlands, and meadows.