Looking for something fun to do with the kids in Scranton, Iowa? Here are a few ideas:
•Take a hike or go for a nature walk at one of the many scenic parks in Scranton. Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy along the way!
•Visit the Scranton public library. The library offers a variety of kid-friendly programs and activities throughout the year.
•Take a trip to the Scranton Farmer’s Market. The market features fresh, local produce, baked goods, and more. It’s a great place to find healthy snacks for the kids.
•Check out the Scranton Aquatic Center. The center features a lazy river, waterslides, and a zero-depth entry pool. It’s the perfect place to cool off on a hot summer day.
These are just a few of the many kid-friendly things to do in Scranton, Iowa. For more ideas, be sure to check out the Scranton Chamber of Commerce website or the Scranton Visitor’s Bureau website.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Scranton, Iowa
1. Visit the Maytag Dairy Farm – The Maytag Dairy Farm is a fun place for kids to learn about where their food comes from and how it is made. The tour includes a visit to the milking parlor, the creamery, and the cheese factory.
2. Play at the Scranton Memorial Park – The Scranton Memorial Park is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. The park has a playground, a basketball court, a baseball field, and a pond.
3. Go on a Scranton Nature Walk – The Scranton Nature Walk is a great way for kids to explore the outdoors and learn about the local flora and fauna.
4. Visit the Scranton Public Library – The Scranton Public Library is a great place for kids to find books and other materials to help with their homework or just to read for fun.
5. PlayMini Golf at Maytag Park – Maytag Park is home to a mini golf course that is perfect for kids. The course is challenging but also has a few easier holes for the little ones.
6. Go Swimming at the Scranton Aquatic Center – The Scranton Aquatic Center is a great place to take the kids swimming. The center has a lap pool, a diving well, a water slide, and a spray park.
7. Attend a Movie at the Scranton Drive-In – The Scranton Drive-In is a great place to take the kids to see a movie. The Drive-In shows family-friendly movies on the weekends.
8. Visit the Scranton Railroad Museum – The Scranton Railroad Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of railroads in the United States. The museum has a variety of interactive exhibits.
9. Get Ice Cream at the Scranton Dairy Queen – The Scranton Dairy Queen is a great place to take the kids for a treat. The Dairy Queen has a wide variety of ice cream flavors and toppings.
10. Take a Hayride at Maytag Park – Maytag Park offers hayrides on the weekends in the fall. This is a great activity for the whole family to enjoy.