10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Scituate, Massachusetts
1. Walk or bike along the harbor – The harbor in Scituate is a beautiful place to walk or bike, and there are plenty of places to stop and enjoy the view.
2. Visit the Scituate Lighthouse – The Scituate Lighthouse is a historic landmark and a popular tourist destination. Visitors can tour the lighthouse and learn about its history.
3. Go for a swim at one of the town beaches – Scituate has several beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing.
4. Explore Minot Forest – Minot Forest is a large nature preserve with hiking trails, a playground, and picnic areas.
5. Visit the Scituate Historical Society Museum – The Scituate Historical Society Museum is a great place to learn about the town’s history. The museum has exhibits on the town’s maritime history, the Revolutionary War, and more.
6. Play mini golf at Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf – Pirate’s Cove Adventure Golf is an indoor miniature golf course with a pirate theme.
7. Go ice skating at the Scituate Recreation Center – The Scituate Recreation Center has an indoor ice skating rink that is open to the public.
8. Bowl at the Scituate Bowl-O-Drome – The Scituate Bowl-O-Drome is a local bowling alley that is popular with families.
9. See a movie at the Scituate Family Theater – The Scituate Family Theater is a local movie theater that shows family-friendly films.
10. Visit the South Shore Science Center – The South Shore Science Center is a hands-on museum with exhibits on astronomy, ecology, and more.