There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Schmalkalden, Germany! The German Toy Museum is a great place to take the kids, as they can learn all about the history of toys and play with some of the older toys on display. The Schmalkalden Fairy Tale Forest is also a great place to take the kids, as they can explore the different fairy tale themed sculptures and get a little bit of exercise at the same time. For the kids who are a bit more adventurous, there is always the option to go hiking or biking in the nearby forests. And of course, no trip to Schmalkalden would be complete without a visit to the Schmalkalden Castle!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Schmalkalden, Germany
1. Visit the Schmalkalden Castle ruins.
2. Go on a hike through the Thuringian Forest.
3.Visit the Judicium de Kloster Zschirnstein, a former medieval court.
4. See the Schmalkalden Rathaus, or town hall.
5. Stroll through the picturesque old town.
6. View the Schloss Bayernburg, a well-preserved castle.
7. Take the kids to the Schmalkalden Zoo.
8. Visit the Kloster Michaelstein, a former Cistercian monastery.
9. Stop by the Stadtkirche, or city church.
10. Have a picnic in Maximilian Park.