Schilde is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The municipality only consists of the town of Schilde proper. However, there are a number of kid friendly attractions and activities in and around Schilde that make it a great place for families. A few of the kid friendly things to do in Schilde include visiting the Dutch Water Dreams, taking a boat ride on the Amsterdam-Rhine Canal, exploring the Rupelmonde Fortress, and visiting the nearby town of Lierre.
Dutch Water Dreams is an outdoor water park that is perfect for families with young children. There are a number of small slides and pools, as well as a playground and picnic area. The Amsterdam-Rhine Canal is a great place to take a leisurely boat ride and enjoy the scenic views. The Rupelmonde Fortress is a well preserved medieval fortress that is open to the public for tours. The nearby town of Lierre is worth a visit for its charming atmosphere and variety of shops and restaurants.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Schilde, Belgium
1. Visit the Roland statue in the center of town.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through the Schilde forest.
3. Play in the park at Ankeveensteen Castle.
4. Visit the playground at Molenbroek.
5. Go fishing in the Scheldt River.
6. Have a picnic in the Jagersbos.
7. Visit the Zoo Antwerpen.
8. Go for a walk or bike ride through the Demerara Park.
9. Play in the park at Koningin Astridplein.
10. Visit the playground at Wilrijkse Plein.