There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained in Scarborough, Trinidad and Tobago. Head to BLAST Aquatic Centre for some wet and wild fun, where they can enjoy the water slides, pools, and more. If they’re looking for some thrills, take them to Buccoo Goat and Crab Racing, where they can watch goats and crabs race each other! For a more mellow day out, visit the zoo or one of the many parks in the area. La Fillette Park is a great option, where they can explore the playground, have a picnic, and take a peaceful stroll through the gardens. No matter what they’re into, there’s something for everyone in Scarborough.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Scarborough, Trinidad And Tobago
1. Visit the Zoological Society of Trinidad and Tobago: The Zoological Society of Trinidad and Tobago is a great place to take your kids if they’re interested in animals. They offer tours of the facility, animal shows, and educational programs.
2. Go to the beach: Trinidad and Tobago is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Soak up the sun, play in the waves, and build sandcastles with your kids.
3. Visit the Queen’s Park Savannas: The Queen’s Park Savannas are a great place to take a hike with your kids. You’ll see plenty of wildlife, including iguanas, birds, and lizards.
4. Check out the Asa Wright Nature Centre: The Asa Wright Nature Centre is a great place to learn about the natural history of Trinidad and Tobago. They offer tours, workshops, and educational programs for kids.
5. Go on a safari: The Toco Safaris offer tours of the rainforest where you can see plenty of animals in their natural habitat. This is a great way to teach your kids about the environment.
6. Visit the Central Zoo: The Central Zoo is home to over 300 animals, including tigers, lions, and elephants. They offer tours, educational programs, and even a petting zoo.
7. Take a dip in the Maracas Waterfalls: The Maracas Waterfalls offer a refreshing break from the heat. Take a swim in the pool at the base of the falls or hike to the top for a breathtaking view.
8. Learn about Trinidadian culture: Trinidad is a melting pot of cultures. Visit the National Museum or take a tour of the Most Holy Trinity Cathedral to learn about the history and traditions of the island.
9. Sample the local cuisine: Trinidad is famous for its food. Try some of the national dishes like roti, curry, and pelau. Your kids will love the exotic flavors.
10. Go on a boat ride: Trinidad is surrounded by water. Take a boat ride to see the island from a different perspective. You may even spot some dolphins or turtles along the way.