Savoy might be a small town, but there are still plenty of kid friendly things to do! For starters, the Savoy Skate Park is a great place to bring the kids for some fun on the ramps and rails. If the kids are feeling competitive, they can try their hand at Savoy’s putt-putt golf course or challenge each other to a round of go-karts at the local track. You can also explore one of Savoy’s many parks, like Barksdale Park which has a playground, Walking Trail, and a pond perfect for a picnic lunch. If the kids are up for an adventure, take them on a short drive to the Cooper Lake State Park where they can fish, swim, hike, and camp!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Savoy, Texas
1. Take a hike through the Moreland Heritage Ranch: The Moreland Heritage Ranch is a great place to take a hike with the family. There are plenty of trails to explore and the scenery is beautiful.
2. Go fishing at the Savoy Municipal Lake: The Savoy Municipal Lake is a great place to take the kids fishing. There is a catch and release policy in place, so you can rest assured that the fish will be returned to the water safely.
3. Visit the Savoy Gazebo: The Savoy Gazebo is a beautiful structure located in the center of town. It’s a great place to take a break from hiking or fishing and just relax for a bit.
4. Let the kids burn off some energy at the Savoy Splash Pad: The Savoy Splash Pad is a great place for the kids to cool off and have some fun. They can run through the spray of water and then dry off in the sun.
5. Go for a swim at the Savoy Municipal Pool: The Savoy Municipal Pool is a great place to take a dip on a hot day. The pool is open to the public and there is a lifeguard on duty at all times.
6. Play some basketball at the Savoy Community Center: The Savoy Community Center has a basketball court that is open to the public. This is a great place to shoot some hoops with the kids.
7. Play some tennis at the Savoy Tennis Courts: The Savoy Tennis Courts are open to the public and are a great place to play a game of tennis with the family.
8. Visit the Savoy Museum: The Savoy Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the town. The museum is free to the public and is open Tuesday through Saturday.
9. Go for a walk or bike ride on the Savoy Trails: The Savoy Trails are great for a leisurely walk or a vigorous bike ride. There are plenty of trails to choose from and the scenery is beautiful.
10. Have a picnic in the Savoy Park: The Savoy Park is a great place to have a picnic with the family. There are plenty of picnic tables and the area is well-maintained.