Savonlinna is a small city located in Eastern Finland. It is known for its castle, Olavinlinna, which was built in 1475. The city is surrounded by lakes, and is a popular tourist destination in the summertime.
There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to do in Savonlinna. One popular activity is to take a cruise on one of the lakes. Another is to explore Olavinlinna Castle. Kids can also enjoy the playgrounds, swimming pools, and museums in the city. In the winter, there are also plenty of things to do, such as ice skating and sledding.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Savonlinna, Finland
1. Visit Olavinlinna castle
2. Go on a cruise on Lake Saimaa
3. Take a hike in Linnansaari National Park
4. Visit the Savonlinna market square
5. Visit the Savonlinna Provincial Museum
6. Go fishing in one of the many lakes
7. Take a swim in one of the many lakes
8. Visit Punkaharju Ridge
9. Go skiing or snowboarding in the winter
10. Visit Santa’s Village in Rovaniemi