Savannah, Tennessee, is located in the scenic West Tennessee hills and is home to a variety of kid-friendly attractions. The town is home to the historic Main Street District, which features a variety of shops and restaurants. Main Street is also home to the Kids’ Zone, which features a variety of interactive activities for kids. The Kids’ Zone is open daily from 10am to 6pm.
In addition to the Main Street District, Savannah is home to a variety of parks and recreation areas. For example, the city is home to the West Tennessee Wildlife Sanctuary, which features a variety of animals and walking trails. The city is also home to the WARDSboro Aquatic Center, which features a variety of water-based activities, including a swimming pool, water slides, and a splash pad.
Savannah also offers a variety of educational attractions. For example, the city is home to the Discovery Park of America, which is a hands-on museum that features a variety of interactive exhibits. The city is also home to the Tennessee Museum of Aviation, which features a variety of historic aircrafts.
Whether you’re looking for a place to take the kids shopping, swimming, or exploring, Savannah, Tennessee, has a variety of kid-friendly attractions to offer.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Savannah, Tennessee
1. Visit the Savanna Mahaffey Museum: The Savanna Mahaffey Museum is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of Savannah, Tennessee. The museum has a variety of exhibits that kids will find interesting, including a hands-on area where they can try different activities.
2. Take a riverboat cruise: A riverboat cruise is a great way to see the city of Savannah from the water. Kids will love getting a close up view of the different buildings and landmarks along the river.
3. Visit the Tennessee Aquarium: The Tennessee Aquarium is a must-see for any family visiting Savannah. Kids will love seeing all the different fish and animals, and they can even touch some of them in the hands-on area.
4. Explore Fort Pulaski: Fort Pulaski is a historic fort that kids will love exploring. They can climb on the walls, explore the inside of the fort, and learn about the history of the fort.
5. Walk or bike the Savannah Heritage Trail: The Savannah Heritage Trail is a great way to see the city. The trail is paved and goes through some of the most historic and beautiful areas of the city.
6. Play at the playgrounds: Savannah has a variety of playgrounds that kids will love. They can swing, slide, and play in the sun.
7. Visit the Splash Pad: The Splash Pad is a great place to cool off on a hot day. Kids can run through the water and play in the sprinklers.
8. Have a picnic: Savannah has many parks and green spaces that are perfect for a picnic. Kids will love playing games, flying kites, and chasing butterflies.
9. Go fishing: Kids can go fishing in one of the many rivers or lakes in Savannah. They can even try their hand at catch and release fishing in some areas.
10. Go on a nature walk: There are many nature trails in Savannah that kids can explore. They can look for birds, squirrels, and other animals while they walk.