Looking for fun things to do in Saugerties with the kids? Here are 10 great ideas!
1. Visit the Saugerties Lighthouse. Kids will love exploring this historic lighthouse and learning about its role in protecting ships on the Hudson River.
2. Take a hike on one of Saugerties’ many scenic trails. There’s nothing like getting out in nature to tire the little ones out!
3. Visit the Saugerties Farmer’s Market. Kids will enjoy picking out fresh fruits and vegetables, and maybe even get to meet some of the friendly farmers.
4. Visit the Smokehouse pipe museum. This unique museum is devoted to the history of smoking pipes, and kids will love seeing the interesting collection of pipes on display.
5. Go fishing at one of Saugerties’ many lakes and ponds. Kids will love trying to catch a fish, and you may even get to cook your catch for dinner!
6. Visit the Catskill Wildlife Center. Kids will enjoy seeing all the different animals, and maybe even get to feed them.
7. Visit the Ulster County Fairgrounds. During the fair, kids can enjoy rides, games, and seeing all the animals.
8. Go swimming at one of Saugerties’ many beaches. kids will love splashing around in the water and playing in the sand.
9. Visit Historic Huguenot Street. Kids will love exploring the historic homes and learning about the Huguenot settlers who founded Saugerties.
10. Play in the Saugerties Village Park. This park has a playground, basketball courts, and a splash pad, so kids will never be bored!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Saugerties, New York
#1 Take a Hike
Head out on one of the many hiking trails in Saugerties for a day of fresh air and exercise. Be sure to bring plenty of water and snacks, and wear comfortable shoes.
#2 Visit the Saugerties Lighthouse
Built in 1869, the Saugerties Lighthouse is a beautiful and historic landmark. Take a tour of the lighthouse, and then climb to the top for stunning views of the Hudson River.
#3 Attend a Local Event
Throughout the year, Saugerties hosts a variety of events, including the Saugerties Summer Antique Show, the Saugerties Dog Show, and the Saugerties Horse Show. Check the community calendar to see what’s happening during your visit.
#4 Play at Cantine Field
Cantine Field is a great place to bring the kids for a day of play. The park features a playground, basketball courts, a softball field, and a walking trail.
#5 Visit the Seamon Library
The Seamon Library is a great place to take the kids for a day of reading and learning. The library offers a variety of programs for children, and also has a nice selection of books to choose from.
#6 Get Ice Cream at the Sweet Spot
After a day of exploring Saugerties, treat the kids to a sweet treat from the Sweet Spot. This ice cream shop offers a variety of delicious ice cream flavors, as well as milkshakes, sundaes, and other sweet treats.
#7 Go Bowling at Hi-Tor Lanes
Hi-Tor Lanes is a great place to take the family for a day of fun. The bowling alley offers open bowling, as well as league play. There is also a bar and grill for grabbing a bite to eat.
#8 See a Movie at the Saugerties Drive-In
Pack up the car and head to the Saugerties Drive-In for a fun night at the movies. The drive-in features a food court, and also offers a playground for the kids.
#9 Take a scenic boat ride
There are a variety of boat tours available in Saugerties, ranging from historic tours to sunset cruises. Hop aboard for a scenic ride along the Hudson River.
#10 Visit the catio at the Saugerties Public Library
The Saugerties Public Library is home to a unique catio, which is a patio for cats. Come and meet the resident cats, and learn more about this one-of-a-kind space.