There is no shortage of kid-friendly activities to do in Sarnia, Canada. For the outdoor enthusiasts, take a stroll down the Boardwalk or through Canatara Park. If you’re looking for a lively atmosphere, check out the Bluewater Borderfest or the Sarnia Bayfest. Art and culture lovers will enjoy the Judith & Norman Alix Art Gallery and the Sarnia Historical Museum. And for those who just want to relax, Sarnia has plenty of great restaurants, cafes, and ice cream shops.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sarnia, Canada
1. Visit the Sarnia Farm and Food Discovery Centre: The Sarnia Farm and Food Discovery Centre is a working farm that offers visitors the chance to learn about agriculture and food production. There are a variety of animals to see, including cows, pigs, chickens, and goats, as well as a garden where fruits and vegetables are grown. The centre also has a playground and picnic area for kids to enjoy.
2. Take a tour of the Sarnia Brewing Company: The Sarnia Brewing Company offers tours of their facility, which includes a look at the brewing process and tastings of their products. Kids will enjoy seeing how beer is made, and they may even get to sample a few sips of the finished product (with parental permission, of course!).
3. Go fishing at Canatara Park: Canatara Park is a beautiful green space in Sarnia that is perfect for a family day out. The park has a large pond where kids can go fishing, and there are also hiking trails, a playground, and a splash pad.
4. Explore the Bianchi Petroglyphs: The Bianchi Petroglyphs are a series of ancient rock carvings that can be found in the Lambton Heritage Museum. Kids will love seeing the different designs and trying to guess what they represent.
5. Visit the Sarnia Historical Museum: The Sarnia Historical Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Sarnia and the surrounding area. Kids can see artefacts from the early days of settlement, as well as learn about the city’s role in the industrial revolution.
6. Have fun at Centennial Park: Centennial Park is a popular spot for families, with a playground, a spray pad, and a variety of sports fields. During the summer months, the park also plays host to a farmers’ market and a variety of special events.
7. Check out the animals at the Plymouth Kimball Farm: The Plymouth Kimball Farm is a working farm that is open to the public. Visitors can see a variety of animals, including cows, pigs, chickens, and goats, as well as learn about farm life. The farm also has a playground and picnic area for kids to enjoy.
8. Take a hike at the St. Clair National Wildlife Area: The St. Clair National Wildlife Area is a large nature preserve that is perfect for a day of hiking and exploring. Kids will love seeing the different animals that call the area home, and they may even spot a deer or two.
9. Visit the Sarnia Public Library: The Sarnia Public Library is a great place to take the kids for story time or to find a new book to read. The library also offers a variety of programs and events for kids throughout the year.
10. Play at Hiawatha Horse Park: Hiawatha Horse Park is a large park that is home to a variety of horses. Visitors can take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the park, or go for a horseback ride. There is also a playground and picnic area for kids to enjoy.