There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic! A visit to the zoo is always a hit with kids of all ages. The National Zoological Park is home to over 750 animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. For a truly unique experience, kids can participate in a camel or horseback ride through the park.
If your kids are looking for a thrill, take them to El Malecon, the city’s boardwalk. They can ride the ferris wheel, go on bumper cars, or play in one of the many arcades. For a more relaxed activity, take a stroll through the Colonial City, where they can learn about the history of Santo Domingo.
End the day with a treat from one of the many ice cream shops or candy stores lining the streets. Your kids will be sure to sleep well after a day filled with fun in Santo Domingo!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
1. Visit the National Zoological Park: This is a great place to take the kids to see all sorts of animals, from tigers and lions to iguanas and monkeys. There are also plenty of activities for kids to take part in, such as feeding the animals and riding on the back of a camel.
2. Take a boat ride on the Choco River: This is a great way to see some of the jungle scenery that the Dominican Republic has to offer. The boat ride takes you through some of the mangrove forests and you may even spot some wildlife along the way.
3. Go on a safari at the Los Haitises National Park: This is another great option for seeing some of the wildlife that the Dominican Republic has to offer. You can take a jeep tour through the park or even go on a horseback safari.
4. Visit the Cueva del Indio: This is a must-see for any kids who are interested in history or archaeology. The Cueva del Indio is a series of caves that have been used by the Taino people for centuries.
5. Take a dip in the27 waterfalls of Damajaqua: This is a great way to cool off on a hot day. The waterfalls are located in a lush jungle setting and there are plenty of areas to relax in the sun afterwards.
6. Visit the Monkey Jungle: This is a great place to see some of the various monkey species that call the Dominican Republic home. You can even feed them by hand!
7. Go tubing down the Rio Grande: This is a great activity for the whole family. You can float down the river on an inflatable tube and take in the stunning scenery as you go.
8. Take a hike through the Dominican rainforest: This is a great way to see some of the incredible plant and animal life that the Dominican Republic has to offer. There are numerous hiking trails to choose from, so you can find one that’s suitable for your fitness level.
9. Go on a dolphin watching tour: This is a great activity for kids of all ages. You’ll get to see dolphins up close and learn all about these amazing creatures.
10. Visit the AquaMarine Park: This is a great place to take the kids for a day of fun. There are plenty of water slides and other activities to keep them entertained, such as swimming with the stingrays.