There are many kid friendly activities to do in Santa Pola, Spain. Some of these activities include going to the beach, visiting the castle, going on a boat ride, and visiting the aquarium. The beach is a great place to relax and have fun. The castle is a great place to learn about the history of Santa Pola. The boat ride is a great way to see the sights of Santa Pola. The aquarium is a great place to see the different types of fish that live in Santa Pola.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Santa Pola, Spain
1. Visit the Market: Every Wednesday and Saturday, the market comes to town. Stalls line the streets selling fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses, and breads. Grab a bite to eat and do some people watching.
2. Play at the Park: Located in the center of town, the park is a great place to let the kids run around. There is a playground, a fountain, and plenty of open space to explore.
3. Go to the Beach: Santa Pola is home to several beaches. The most popular is El Playazo, which has a wide swath of sand, a playground, and a boardwalk. For something quieter, try Las Palmeras beach.
4. Visit the Salt Flats: A short drive out of town will take you to the fascinating salt flats. Here you can learn about how salt is harvested, see the massive ponds where the saltwater evaporates, and even try your hand at making salt.
5.Explore the Old Town: The old town is a lovely place to spend an afternoon. Stroll the narrow streets, pop into the shops, and stop for a bite to eat in one of the squares.
6. Visit the Castle: Perched on a hill overlooking the town, the castle offers stunning views. Kids will love exploring the ramparts and towers.
7. Take a Boat Trip: Hop aboard a glass-bottom boat for a tour of the coastline. Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins, turtles, and other marine life.
8. Go on a Nature Walk: There are several nature trails in the area. The El Palmeral trail is an easy one that takes you through an impressive palm grove.
9. Visit the Museum: The Santa Pola Museum is housed in an old salt warehouse. Learn about the history of the town and see artifacts from its salt-mining days.
10. Go on a Guided Tour: Sign up for a guided tour of the town or the salt flats. This is a great way to learn more about Santa Pola and its unique history.