If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Santa Elena, Ecuador, you won’t be disappointed. From zoos and wildlife parks to water parks and playgrounds, there’s plenty to keep the little ones entertained.
One of the most popular kid-friendly attractions in Santa Elena is the Santa Elena Zoo and Wildlife Park. Here, kids can see all sorts of animals, from lions and tigers to monkeys and parrots. There’s also a playground and a petting zoo, making it the perfect place to spend a day with the family.
If your kids are looking for a more active day out, then they’ll love the Santa Elena Water Park. With slides, pools, and a lazy river, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Alternatively, the Santa Elena Playground is perfect for younger children. With its climbing frame, swings, and slides, it’s the perfect place to let off some steam.
So, whatever your kids are into, you’re sure to find something to keep them entertained in Santa Elena.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Santa Elena, Ecuador
1. Visit the Parque de las Iguanas – This park is home to over 500 iguanas of all different sizes! You can walk through the park and get up close to the iguanas, or even feed them!
2. Take a tour of the Hacienda San Agustin de Callo – This hacienda is a restored colonial-era estate that is now open to the public for tours. You can learn about the history of the estate and see the traditional architecture and furnishings.
3. Visit the Museo de las Figuras de Cera – This museum is home to over 200 wax figures, ranging from historical figures to movie stars. It’s a great place to learn about Ecuadorian history and culture.
4. Explore the Parque Nacional Podocarpus – This national park is home to a large variety of plant and animal life, as well as many hiking trails. It’s a great place to explore the Ecuadorian rainforest.
5. Take a ride on the Tren de los Suenos – This scenic train ride takes you through the Andean mountains, past waterfalls and rivers, and through tunnels and bridges. It’s a great way to see the Ecuadorian countryside.
6. Visit the Laguna Quilotoa – This volcanic crater lake is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Ecuador. You can hike down into the crater, or take a boat ride around the lake.
7. Soak in the Termales de Papallacta – These hot springs are located in the Andean mountains and are a great place to relax and rejuvenate. There are a variety of pools to choose from, all with different temperatures.
8. Shop at the Otavalo Market – This traditional market is one of the largest and most well-known in all of South America. You can find hand-crafted goods, traditional clothing, and much more.
9. Learn about indigenous culture at the Centro Cultural Nahim Isaías – This cultural center is dedicated to preserving and promoting indigenous culture in Ecuador. You can see traditional art and handicrafts, and learn about the history and traditions of the different indigenous groups.
10.Visit the Galapagos Islands – These islands are home to a variety of unique plant and animal life, and are a great place to learn about evolution and ecology. You can take boat tours to see the different islands, or go on hikes and snorkeling trips.