There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Santa Cruz de El Seibo, Dominican Republic! For starters, the city has several parks perfect for a picnic or a game of tag. There is also a water park called Parque Acuatico Isla Catalina which has slides, a lazy river, and a wave pool.
If your kids are into animals, they will love the Zoo and Botanical Garden of El Seibo. The zoo has tigers, lions, bears, monkeys, and more, while the botanical garden is full of beautiful flowers and plants.
For a more cultural experience, your family can visit the Museo de El Seibo. The museum has exhibits on the history of the city, the Taino people, and the Dominican Republic in general. There is also a planetarium onsite.
No matter what your family enjoys, there is sure to be something to do in Santa Cruz de El Seibo that everyone will love!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Santa Cruz De El Seibo, Dominican Republic
1. Visit the El Seibo Zoo and Botanical Garden – The El Seibo Zoo and Botanical Garden is a great place to take the kids for a day of animal and plant watching. The zoo is home to over 200 animals, including lions, tigers, monkeys, and birds. The botanical garden features a variety of plant species, as well as a waterfall and ponds.
2. Go horseback riding at Rancho Macao – Rancho Macao is a great place to take the kids for a day of horseback riding. The ranch offers horseback riding lessons, as well as trail rides.
3. Visit Cueva de las Golondrinas – Cueva de las Golondrinas is a cave located in El Seibo that is home to a colony of bats. The cave is open to the public for tours.
4. Play at Parque infantil Los Tres Ojos – Parque infantil Los Tres Ojos is a public park that features a playground, a sand volleyball court, and a basketball court.
5. Go swimming at Playa Bellamar – Playa Bellamar is a beach located in El Seibo that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and bodyboarding.
6. Take a scenic hike through Parque Nacional del Este – Parque Nacional del Este is a national park that offers scenic hiking trails, as well as a variety of plant and animal species.
7. Visit the El Seibo Museum – The El Seibo Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history and culture of El Seibo. The museum features exhibits on the pre-Columbian history of the region, as well as the Taíno people.
8. Go fishing at Puerto Escondido – Puerto Escondido is a great place to take the kids for a day of fishing. The port is home to a variety of fish species, as well as dolphins and turtles.
9. Play mini golf at Golflandia – Golflandia is a mini golf course located in El Seibo that is perfect for a day of family fun.
10. Take a boat tour of the Los Haitises National Park – Los Haitises National Park is a national park that is accessible only by boat. The park offers a variety of plant and animal species, as well as stunning views of the Caribbean Sea.