While Santa Catarina might not be the first place that comes to mind when you think of Mexico, it actually has a lot to offer in terms of kid-friendly activities. For starters, the city is home to a number of family-friendly beaches, where you can enjoy plenty of sun, sand, and surf. If you’re looking for something a bit more active, there are also a number of hiking and biking trails in the area. And, of course, no trip to Santa Catarina would be complete without a visit to the city’s famed botanical gardens. With so much to see and do, Santa Catarina is the perfect place to bring the whole family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Santa Catarina, Mexico
1. Go ziplining through the jungle – Santa Catarina boasts some of the best ziplining in Mexico, with courses ranging from beginner to expert. Prices start at around $25 per person.
2. Explore the ancient ruins of Tulum – Tulum is one of the most important archaeological sites in Mexico, and a visit here is a must for any history buff. Prices start at around $10 per person.
3. relax on the beaches of Playa del Carmen – Playa del Carmen is home to some of the best beaches in Mexico, perfect for a relaxing day in the sun. Prices start at around $5 per person.
4. take a dip in Cenote Ik Kil – Cenote Ik Kil is a stunning freshwater sinkhole, perfect for a cooling swim on a hot day. Prices start at around $10 per person.
5. learn to cook Mexican food – Santa Catarina is home to some of the best Mexican food in the country, so why not learn to cook it yourself? Prices start at around $50 per person.
6. try your hand at sailing – The island of Cozumel is the perfect place to give sailing a try, with lessons available for all levels. Prices start at around $100 per person.
7. take a tour of a tequila factory – Learn about the history and production of tequila on a tour of a working factory. Prices start at around $20 per person.
8. visit the Butterfly Sanctuary – The Butterfly Sanctuary in Puerto Morelos is home to hundreds of different species of butterfly, making it a must-see for nature lovers. Prices start at around $10 per person.
9. go on a dolphin-watching tour – Get up close and personal with some of the friendly dolphins that call the waters off Santa Catarina home on a dolphin-watching tour. Prices start at around $50 per person.
10. enjoy a traditional Mexican fiesta – Santa Catarina is the perfect place to experience a traditional Mexican fiesta, complete with food, music, and dancing. Prices vary depending on the event.