Sandomierz is a lovely little town in south-eastern Poland with a rich history and a beautiful, well-preserved old town. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. They can explore the ruins of the castle, run around in the park, or even visit the local museum.
If the weather is nice, Sandomierz is the perfect place for a family picnic. Head to the riverfront and enjoy the views while the kids play in the grass. In the summer, the town hosts a number of festivals, including an outdoor movie festival and a sausage festival. There’s also a puppet festival and a medieval fair.
For something a little different, take a ride on the Kolejka Sandomierska, a narrow gauge railway that runs through the town. Or take a boat trip on the Vistula River.
No matter what you decide to do, Sandomierz is a great place to spend a day or two with the kids. They’re sure to love it as much as you do.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sandomierz, Poland
1. St. James’s Cathedral: Climb the 133 steps to the top of the tower for breathtaking views of the city.
2. Sandomierz Castle: Check out the imposing castle ruins and imagine what life was like centuries ago.
3. Underground tour: Explore the mysterious underground tunnels and chambers – a must-do activity for any history buff.
4. Parish Church of St. Michael the Archangel: Marvel at the beautiful baroque interior of this church, one of the most important religious sites in Sandomierz.
5. Royal Chapel: Another magnificent church in Sandomierz, the Royal Chapel was once the coronation site for Polish kings.
6. Polish Vodka Museum: Learn all about the history and production of Poland’s most iconic alcoholic beverage at this unique museum.
7. Sandomierz Jewish Heritage Trail: Discover the rich Jewish heritage of Sandomierz on this self-guided walking tour.
8. Sandomierz Market Square: Browse the stalls of this vibrant market square and sample some local specialties.
9. Rynek Underground: This underground museum provides an interesting insight into the history and culture of Sandomierz.
10. Sandomierz Botanical Garden: Take a peaceful stroll through this picturesque garden and admire the diverse plant life on display.