Sana’a is the capital of Yemen and one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. A lot of the architecture and old buildings have been well-preserved, making Sana’a a fascinating place to explore. The city is also full of markets and souqs where you can bargain for souvenirs.
There are a number of kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Sana’a. The Old City is a great place to explore with its narrow streets and tall buildings. The National Museum is also worth a visit, especially for its collection of Yemeni weaponry. Outside of the city, there are a number of ancient sites to explore such as the ruins of the city of Baraqish.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Sanaa, Yemen
1. Visit the Old City: The Old City is a great place to explore with kids. There are narrow streets to wander, mosques to visit, and plenty of shops and restaurants to keep everyone happy.
2. Visit the National Museum: The National Museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Yemen. There are plenty of exhibits to keep kids entertained, and the staff is always happy to answer questions.
3. Climb to the top of the Great Mosque: The Great Mosque is one of the tallest buildings in Sanaa, and the views from the top are incredible. Kids will love the climb, and the views will be worth the effort.
4. Visit the souqs: The souqs are the traditional markets of Sanaa, and they are a great place to find souvenirs and local handicrafts. Kids will love the bustling atmosphere and the chance to bargain for their purchases.
5. Visit a coffee shop: Yemen is famous for its coffee, and there are plenty of coffee shops around Sanaa where you can sample the local brew. Kids will love the different flavours and the chance to people watch.
6. Take a walk in Al-Sabil Park: Al-Sabil Park is a beautiful oasis in the middle of the city, and it’s a great place to escape the heat and bustle of Sanaa. Kids will love the playground and the chance to feed the ducks in the pond.
7. Eat ice cream: Sanaa has some of the best ice cream in the world, and there are plenty of places to get it. Kids will love the chance to try different flavours and will be sure to have a favourite by the end of the trip.
8. Go to a water park: Sanaa has several water parks, and they are a great place to cool off on a hot day. Kids will love the slides and the chance to play in the water.
9. Take a camel ride: A camel ride is a great way to see the city, and kids will love the experience. Camel rides can be arranged through most hotels, and they are an excellent way to see the sights.
10. Have fun at the beach: Sanaa is located on the Red Sea, and there are several beaches nearby where you can spend the day. Kids will love playing in the sand and swimming in the water.