San Pedro is a great place for kids! They can explore the rainforest, go zip-lining, visit the butterfly garden, learn about Costa Rican culture, and much more. Here are some specific kid-friendly things to do in San Pedro, Costa Rica:
1. Visit the Rainforest Adventure Park. This park has zip-lining, suspension bridges, and hiking trails. It’s a great place for kids to explore and learn about the rainforest.
2. Go to the butterfly garden. The butterfly garden is a great place for kids to see different types of butterflies and learn about them.
3. Visit the local library. The library has a lot of books about Costa Rica and its culture. Kids can learn about the country and its people while they’re at the library.
4. Go to the beach. The beach is a great place for kids to play in the sand, swim, and body surf.
5. Visit a local farm. There are several farms in the area that offer tours. Kids can learn about how Costa Rican farmers grow their crops and raise their animals.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In San Pedro, Costa Rica
1. Take a nature walk: There are plenty of trails to explore in San Pedro. Teach your kids about the plants and animals they may see along the way.
2. Visit a farm: Costa Rica is known for its agriculture. Many farms in San Pedro offer tours and allow visitors to pick their own fruits and vegetables.
3. Go birdwatching: San Pedro is home to many different types of birds. See how many you can spot on a nature walk or birdwatching tour.
4. Play in the park: San Pedro has several parks, including a water park. Pack a picnic and spend the day playing games and enjoying the outdoors.
5. Go fishing: San Pedro is located on the Pacific coast, making it a great place to go fishing. charter a boat or fish from the shore.
6. Visit a museum: Learn about Costa Rican history and culture at one of San Pedro’s museums. The Costa Rican Children’s Museum is a great option for families.
7. Attend a festival: San Pedro celebrates many holidays and cultural events throughout the year. Check the calendar of events to see what’s happening during your visit.
8. Try a new food: San Pedro is known for its fresh seafood. Try something new like ceviche or arroz congri.
9. Go tubing: downstream from San Pedro is a popular spot for tubing. Float down the river and take in the stunning scenery.
10. Take a boat ride: San Pedro is accessible by boat from several nearby islands. Take a day trip to another destination or just enjoy a sunset cruise.