San Miguel de Papasquiaro is a small town located in the Sierra Madre Occidental mountain range in the Mexican state of Durango. It is the birthplace of the Chihuahua breed of dog and is home to the Sierra Tarahumara, an indigenous people known for their running ability. The town is a popular tourist destination for its colonial architecture and its natural scenery. There are several kid-friendly things to do in San Miguel de Papasquiaro. The Parque Juarez is a large park with a playground, a basketball court, and a swimming pool. The Museo de las Culturas Tarahumara is a museum that has exhibits on the history and culture of the Sierra Tarahumara. There is also an art gallery and a cafe. The Museo del Ferrocarril is a museum about the history of the railway in Mexico. There is also a cafe and a gift shop. The Sierra Tarahumara Nature Reserve is a large nature reserve that has hiking trails and camping sites.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In San Miguel De Papasquiaro, Mexico
1. Visit the Museum of Anthropology: The Museum of Anthropology in San Miguel de Papasquiaro is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the region. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits that showcase the art, history, and culture of the people of San Miguel de Papasquiaro.
2. go on a nature hike: San Miguel de Papasquiaro is home to a variety of beautiful hiking trails that wind through the surrounding countryside. These trails are a great way to explore the natural beauty of the region and get some exercise at the same time.
3. Visit the San Miguel de Papasquiaro Zoo: The San Miguel de Papasquiaro Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals from all over the world. The zoo has a wide variety of exhibits that showcase the animals of the region, and there are also a number of educational programs available.
4. Play at the playground: The playground at the San Miguel de Papasquiaro park is a great place for kids to play and explore. The playground has a variety of swings, slides, and other play equipment for kids to enjoy.
5. go on a horseback ride: horseback riding is a popular activity in San Miguel de Papasquiaro, and there are a number of companies that offer horseback riding tours. These tours are a great way to see the sights of the region and get some exercise at the same time.
6. Visit the San Miguel de Papasquiaro Aquatic Center: The San Miguel de Papasquiaro Aquatic Center is a great place to cool off on a hot day. The center has a pool, a water slide, and a number of other amenities for families to enjoy.
7. Take a dip in the San Miguel de Papasquiaro Hot Springs: The San Miguel de Papasquiaro Hot Springs are a popular tourist attraction in the area. The springs are a great place to relax and unwind, and they offer a variety of health benefits.
8. Visit the San Miguel de Papasquiaro Cathedral: The San Miguel de Papasquiaro Cathedral is a beautiful church that is worth a visit. The cathedral is a great place to learn about the history of the region, and it is also a beautiful place to worship.
9. Go on a shopping spree: San Miguel de Papasquiaro is home to a number of shopping centers and malls. These malls are a great place to find gifts for friends and family, and they also offer a variety of dining and entertainment options.
10. Visit the San Miguel de Papasquiaro Botanical Gardens: The San Miguel de Papasquiaro Botanical Gardens are a beautiful place to see a variety of plants and flowers. The gardens are a great place to learn about the plants of the region, and they also offer a variety of educational programs.