San Ignacio de Velasco is a city located in the Santa Cruz Department in eastern Bolivia. It is the capital of the Velasco Province and the seat of the San Ignacio de Velasco Municipality. The city is named after Saint Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus.
The city is served by El Trompillo International Airport.
San Ignacio de Velasco is a gateway to the Amazon Basin and the rainforest of eastern Bolivia. It is a popular tourist destination with many hotels, restaurants, and other tourist amenities.
The city has a number of parks and plazas, as well as a zoo and an aquarium. There are also several museums in the city, including the Museo de Arte Moderno, which houses a collection of contemporary Bolivian art.
San Ignacio de Velasco is also a popular destination for adventure tourists, with many tour operators offering jungle treks, river rafting, and other outdoor activities.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In San Ignacio De Velasco, Bolivia
1. Visit the municipal zoo: The municipal zoo of San Ignacio de Velasco is located in the center of the city and is home to a variety of animals, including tigers, lions, jaguars, pumas, and kangaroos.
2. Go horseback riding: Horseback riding is a popular activity in San Ignacio de Velasco, and there are a number of companies that offer tours and rentals.
3. Visit the local market: The local market is a great place to find fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as handcrafted goods.
4. Take a boat tour: There are a number of companies that offer boat tours of the local waters, which is a great way to see the wildlife up close.
5. Go fishing: Fishing is a popular activity in San Ignacio de Velasco, and there are a number of lakes and rivers in the area that are perfect for a day of fishing.
6. Visit the local museum: The San Ignacio de Velasco Museum is located in the center of the city and is home to a number of artifacts and exhibits that tell the history of the area.
7. Go hiking: There are a number of hiking trails in the area, and the scenery is beautiful.
8. Ride a bike: There are a number of bike rental companies in San Ignacio de Velasco, and riding a bike is a great way to see the city.
9. Play tennis: There are a number of tennis courts in San Ignacio de Velasco, and playing a game of tennis is a great way to stay active.
10. Go swimming: There are a number of pools in San Ignacio de Velasco, and they are a great place to cool off on a hot day.