San Gabriel is a beautiful, historic city located in the central province of Ecuador. The city centre is lined with colonial buildings and plazas, and the surrounding countryside is filled with green fields and neat farmhouses. Despite its small size, San Gabriel has a lot to offer tourists, both young and old. Here are some kid-friendly things to do in San Gabriel.
Explore the city centre on foot and marvel at the colonial architecture. Stop by the Plaza de San Gabriel and take a photo in front of the huge fountain. Visit the Museo de San Gabriel and learn about the city’s history. Kids will love seeing the old photos and artefacts on display.
If you’re looking for some outdoor fun, head to Parque de las Iguanas. The park is home to a colony of friendly iguanas which kids can feed and pet. There’s also a playground and a small petting zoo.
Just outside of the city centre is El Salto del Lesbian, a spectacular waterfall located in a lush forest reserve. Take a hike through the forest to the waterfall and take a refreshing dip in the pools at the base.
For a unique experience, head to Hacienda San Clemente, an organic coffee farm located just outside of town. Tour the farm to learn about the coffee-making process, then relax with a cup of fresh, delicious coffee in the farm’s cafe.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In San Gabriel, Ecuador
1. Visit the Quito Zoo: The Quito Zoo is a great place to take kids of all ages. With over 500 animals, the zoo is sure to keep everyone entertained.
2. Check out the animals at the Intiñan Solar Museum: The Intiñan Solar Museum is a great place to learn about animals native to Ecuador. With over 300 animals on display, the museum is a great place to spend an afternoon.
3. Visit the Maquipucuna Cloud Forest Reserve: The Maquipucuna Cloud Forest Reserve is a great place to see some of Ecuador’s amazing wildlife. With over 500 species of animals, the reserve is sure to impress.
4. Take a ride on the TelefériQo: The TelefériQo is a great way to see some of Ecuador’s amazing scenery. The gondola ride takes you up to 4,000 meters above sea level, giving you a great view of the surrounding area.
5. Visit the Mitad del Mundo: The Mitad del Mundo is a great place to learn about Ecuador’s culture and history. The Museum of the Middle of the World is a great place to start your visit.
6. Go on a jungle safari: A jungle safari is a great way to see some of Ecuador’s amazing wildlife. With over 500 species of animals, the safari is sure to be a hit with the kids.
7. Visit the Volcán Chimborazo: The Volcán Chimborazo is a great place to learn about Ecuador’s volcanoes. The volcano is the highest peak in Ecuador and is sure to be a hit with the kids.
8. Visit the Cotopaxi National Park: The Cotopaxi National Park is a great place to see some of Ecuador’s amazing scenery. With over 500 species of plants and animals, the park is sure to impress.
9. Visit the Galápagos Islands: The Galápagos Islands are a great place to see some of Ecuador’s unique wildlife. With over 30 species of animals, the islands are sure to be a hit with the kids.
10. Visit the Yasuní National Park: The Yasuní National Park is a great place to see some of Ecuador’s amazing rainforests. With over 1,000 species of plants and animals, the park is sure to be a hit with the kids.