San Fernando, Mexico is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The city has several parks, including Parque Central, which has a playground, a waterpark, and a variety of other fun activities. San Fernando is also home to a Zoo, an Aquarium, and a Museum of Natural History, all of which are great places to learn about and see the local wildlife. Families can also enjoy a day at the beach or take a short drive to one of the many nearby waterfalls. With so much to see and do, San Fernando is the perfect place to bring the kids for a fun-filled vacation.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In San Fernando, Mexico
1. Visit the Templo de San Fernando – The Templo de San Fernando is a beautiful Catholic church that was built in the 18th century. It is located in the historic center of San Fernando and is definitely worth a visit.
2. Take a walk through the Parque Central – The Parque Central is a large park located in the center of San Fernando. It is a great place to take a stroll, relax, and people watch.
3. Visit the Museo de Arte Popular – The Museo de Arte Popular is a museum that showcases the traditional folk art of Mexico. It is a great place to learn about the culture and history of Mexico.
4. Tour the Casa de Hidalgo – The Casa de Hidalgo is the house where Miguel Hidalgo, the leader of the Mexican War of Independence, lived. It is now a museum that you can tour and learn more about the history of Mexico.
5. Browse the shops at the Plaza de Toros – The Plaza de Toros is a large plaza that is home to many shops and restaurants. It is a great place to do some shopping or grab a bite to eat.
6. See a bullfight at the Plaza de Toros – The Plaza de Toros is also home to a bullfighting arena. If you are interested in seeing a bullfight, then this is the place to go.
7. Take a walk through the Jardin Botanico – The Jardin Botanico is a large botanical garden located in San Fernando. It is a great place to take a leisurely stroll and enjoy the beauty of nature.
8. Visit the Templo de San Agustin – The Templo de San Agustin is another beautiful Catholic church that was built in the 18th century. It is located just a short walk from the Templo de San Fernando.
9. Browse the shops at the Mercado de Artesanias – The Mercado de Artesanias is a market that sells traditional Mexican arts and crafts. It is a great place to find souvenirs and gifts.
10. Enjoy the views from the Mirador de San Fernando – The Mirador de San Fernando is a lookout point that offers stunning views of the city. It is a great place to go to watch the sunset or just enjoy the views.