San Felipe is a town in the commune of San Felipe de Aconcagua, Chile. The town is the financial and administrative center of the Aconcagua Province in the Valparaíso Region. According to the 2012 census, San Felipe has a population of 47,888.
San Felipe is a popular tourist destination for its many kid-friendly activities. The town has a number of museums, including the Museo de Arte Popular, which features a collection of Chilean folk art, and the Museo Histórico, which showcases the history of the town and the Aconcagua Province.
In addition to its museums, San Felipe also offers a variety of outdoor activities for kids. The town has a number of parks, including the Parque Nacional de San Felipe, which features a playground, a basketball court, and a swimming pool. Additionally, the town is home to a number of beaches, such as the Playa el Rojo, which is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In San Felipe, Chile
1. Visit the penguin colony at Isla Magdalena.
2. Go whale watching off the coast of San Felipe.
3. Take a boat ride to see the seals at Isla Desventuradas.
4. Visit the Petroglyph National Monument.
5. Take a hike through the Andes Mountains.
6. Visit the Elqui Valley and the Observatorio del Pisco Elqui.
7. Go horseback riding on the beach.
8. Take a tour of a winery in the Elqui Valley.
9. Visit the La Serena Zoo.
10. Take a day trip to the Atacama Desert.