San Elizario is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do that will keep them entertained. For starters, they can explore the historic district and learn about the rich culture and history of the area. There are also many parks and playgrounds in the city that they can enjoy. If they are looking for something a little more adventurous, they can go hiking or biking in one of the many trails in the area. And of course, no visit to San Elizario would be complete without a trip to the iconic Rio Grande River.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In San Elizario, Texas
1. Visit the San Elizario Historic District – This National Historic District is a great place to learn about the history of the area and see some beautiful architecture. There are a number of historic buildings to explore, including the San Elizario Chapel, which is the oldest church in Texas.
2. Play at San Elizario Veterans Memorial Park – This park is a great place for kids to run around and play. It has a playground, a basketball court, and a walking trail.
3. Go fishing at Ascarate Lake – Ascarate Lake is a great place to take the kids fishing. There is a fishing pier and a number of good spots for bank fishing.
4. See the animals at the El Paso Zoo – The El Paso Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals, including lions, tigers, and bears. The zoo also has a number of educational programs for kids.
5. Visit the Insights Science Museum – The Insights Science Museum is a great place to take the kids to learn about science. The museum has a number of interactive exhibits and a planetarium.
6. Play at Garfield Park – Garfield Park is a great place to take the kids to play. It has a playground, a basketball court, a swimming pool, and a number of picnic tables.
7. Visit the El Paso Museum of Archaeology – The El Paso Museum of Archaeology is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. The museum has a number of exhibits on the Native American cultures of the area.
8. See the trains at the El Paso Museum of History – The El Paso Museum of History is a great place to take the kids to learn about the history of the area. The museum has a number of exhibits on the history of the railroads in the area.
9. Learn about space at the McDonald Observatory – The McDonald Observatory is a great place to take the kids to learn about space. The observatory has a number of telescopes and offers a variety of educational programs.
10. Take a scenic drive through the Franklin Mountains – The Franklin Mountains are a great place to take a scenic drive. The mountains offer a beautiful view of the area and are a great place to go hiking.