There are many kid friendly activities to do in Samarinda, Indonesia. Kids can enjoy exploring the many temples and historical sites, going on a safari to see the animals, or playing in one of the many parks. There are also many kid-friendly restaurants and cafes, as well as a variety of shops and stores catering to kids. In addition, Samarinda is home to several museums, which offer a great opportunity for kids to learn about the history and culture of Indonesia.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Samarinda, Indonesia
1. Visit Taman Orangutan, an outdoor sanctuary for orphaned and injured orangutans.
2. Tour the Mahakam River by boat and see traditional floating homes and stilt villages.
3. Visit the Museum of Eastern Borneo for a look at the region’s history and culture.
4. Stop by the Mahakam Lake to see the giant crocodiles that live there.
5. Go to Borneo Nature Reserve to see endangered animals like the proboscis monkey.
6. Take a walk through the Kampung Adat, a traditional Dayak village.
7. Visit the Pulau Sempu, an idyllic island in the Mahakam River.
8. Enjoy the views from Samarinda Hill, the tallest point in the city.
9. Go hiking or camping in one of the many forests and parks in the area.
10. Visit the Balikpapan Zoo to see animals from all over the world.