If you’re planning a trip to Samal Island in the Philippines with your kids, you’ll be happy to know that there are plenty of kid friendly activities to keep them entertained. Here are just a few of the many possibilities:
Visit the Philippine Eagle Center – Your kids will be amazed by the sight of these massive birds up close. There are also other animals to see at the center, including otters, monkeys, and reptiles.
Take a dip in Blue Water Cave – This natural pool is fed by a underground river and is a great place to cool off on a hot day.
Explore Hagimit Falls – Hagimit Falls is a series of 12 waterfalls, all within walking distance of each other. Kids will love swimming in the pools at the base of the falls and hiking to the top of the falls for a birds eye view.
Visit Isla Reta – Isla Reta is a small, uninhabited island near Samal Island. It’s a great place for a picnic lunch and some beachcombing.
Go on a jungle safari – Samal Island is home to a number of jungle safari parks where you can see exotic animals up close. Your kids will love seeing tigers, lions, and elephants, just to name a few.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Samal, Philippines
1. Visit Isla Reta, a small island off the coast of Samal that is perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and exploring.
2. Go on a boat tour around the island to see the amazing scenery and wildlife.
3. Visit Hagimit Falls, one of the most popular tourist attractions on the island.
4. Take a dip in the crystal clear waters of Baliton Beach.
5. Visit the Samal Island Bee Farm and learn about the importance of bees in the ecosystem.
6. Go on a hike to the top of Mt. Diwata, the highest point on the island.
7. Visit the Samal Island Museum to learn about the history and culture of the island.
8. Go fishing in the clear waters around the island.
9. Take a tour of the Submarino de Samal, a decommissioned submarine that is now a museum.
10. Visit the Samal Island resorts for a relaxing vacation.