There are many kid-friendly things to do in Saltville, Virginia. For example, the Saltville Valley Railroad offers train rides that are great for kids. There is also the Museum of the Middle Appalachians, which is a great place to learn about the history and culture of the region. Additionally, the Sugar Hollow Park is a great place to take kids for a day of hiking and picnicking.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Saltville, Virginia
1. Visit the Blue Ridge Parkway – This scenic drive offers breathtaking views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and is the perfect place to take a leisurely drive with the family.
2. Explore the Virginia Creeper Trail – This popular hiking and biking trail is perfect for a family adventure.
3. Play at Douthat State Park – This state park offers 4,000 acres of land for hiking, picnicking, fishing, and swimming.
4. Visit the Natural Bridge Zoo – This zoo is home to over 500 animals from all over the world and offers a variety of educational programs.
5. View the exhibits at the Virginia Museum of Natural History – This museum features a variety of exhibitions on the state’s natural history, including a hands-on Discovery Room.
6. Take a scenic drive on the Skyline Drive – This 105-mile drive takes you through Shenandoah National Park and offers stunning views of the mountains.
7. Hike to Big Meadows Falls – This easy hike is perfect for families and leads to a beautiful waterfall.
8. Go fishing at Lake Moomaw – This lake is stocked with trout and is a great place to fish with the kids.
9. Visit the George Washington National Forest – This forest offers a variety of activities for the whole family, including hiking, camping, fishing, and picnicking.
10. Take a scenic train ride on the Virginia Railway Express – This historic train line offers beautiful views of the Virginia countryside.